How does it work?
Fillers work by injecting a clear gel, which is like medical grade polyfiller, lifting out and filling lines, depressions and scars.
Fillers are also used to reshape and volumise the face and other areas. They are used to prevent wrinkles and lines from developing further.
The clear gel is a hyaluronic acid filler, which requires no allergy testing as it is identical to your own hyaluronic acid which naturally sits with your collagen and elastin in your skin. This gives our skin its full feeling of being both soft and firm.
As hyaluronic acid is acidic, the fillers can sting so they have Lidocaine included in the syringe and often local anaesthetic is also required.
What results can I expect?
Fillers are used to enhance and shape lips, cheeks, cheekbones, brows, chin, jaw line, nose – virtually anywhere that improvements are desired. They also reduce lines, wrinkles and folds, such as smokers lines caused by pursing lips, forehead lines, frown lines, crows feet, nasolabial and marionette lines. Acne scars and other depressions can also be improved.
What are the risks?
Fillers are very safe. Most people have minimal, if any, problems but like all procedures side effects can occur. Most commonly, there can be bruising (from the needle rather than the product), irregular or uneven filling (which can be fixed), cold sores (if you are prone to them) and very rarely, granuloma or infection.
It is important to remember that these fillers are NOT permanent and do need to be reinjected. Depending on the filler used and area injected, they can last anywhere from 6 to 24 months. This can all be discussed at your consultation.
- Fillers And Volume Enhancement
- Muscle Relaxant Wrinkle Treatment
- Photorejuvenation with Laser treatment for Sun damage and Antiageing
- Laser tattoo removal
- Leg Vein Treatment (Sclerotherapy)
- Pigmentation, Freckles, Brown Marks
- Laser Treatment For Broken Capillary, Angioma & Red Birth Marks
- Redness, Flushing & Rosacea
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) Treatments
- Headache Treatment With Muscle Relaxant Injections
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Skin Cancer Checks & Treatments