What is the treatment?
Small amount of muscle relaxant is injected into the area that is sweating. This seems to interfere with the production of the sweat or perhaps interferes with the muscle that pushes the sweat out of the sweat gland. This stops the sweating in the area injected for approximately 6-9months, after which the sweating returns to how it was before the treatment.
Other options include Driclor antiperspirant, electrophoresis and liposuction of the axillary sweat glands.
What results can I expect?
It often takes a few days after treatment to see results, with the maximal effect taking 1-2weeks. This is not a permanent treatment. Benefit lasts a number of months and then needs to be redone.
What areas can be treated?
The most commonly treated areas are:
- Axillae / Underarms
Muscle relaxants have been successful in treating headaches as well as reducing sweating.
What are the risks?
Most patients have either no side effect at all or a few red dots, which settle quickly. Bruising, swelling and headache can occur. Lid lag and brow drop is mostly due to poor injecting technique, so is rare. If the result is uneven, a top up may be needed.
Patients should not have this treatment when pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Fillers And Volume Enhancement
- Muscle Relaxant Wrinkle Treatment
- Photorejuvenation with Laser treatment for Sun damage and Antiageing
- Laser tattoo removal
- Leg Vein Treatment (Sclerotherapy)
- Pigmentation, Freckles, Brown Marks
- Laser Treatment For Broken Capillary, Angioma & Red Birth Marks
- Redness, Flushing & Rosacea
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) Treatments
- Headache Treatment With Muscle Relaxant Injections
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Skin Cancer Checks & Treatments